IN THE NEWS
Southwest Airlines Company, out of Houston, Texas, has selected Century Roof Consultants to design and oversee the installation of the new roof on one of the largest Barrel Hangars at Midway Airport. George Criel, President of Century Roof Consultants will the Consultant of Record.
Firestone Building Products of Indianapolis, Indiana has selected George Criel, President of Century Roof Consultants to attend the 2013 Consultant Advisory Council. This will take place at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Tucson, Arizona. The Advisory Council will be reviewing new products and installation methods.
GEORGE CRIEL, FRCI, CPRC, RRC
Certified Roof Consultant
George Criel, President of Century Roof Consultants, specializes in the specification and design of commercial roof systems. For 30 years, Century Roof Consultants has offered unbiased roofing design, repair planning, quality observance, legal testimony and general roof management services.
AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Joined the Institute of Roofing and Waterproofing Consultants International (IRWC) in 1980.
- Became a Certified Roof Consultant in 1986, Certificate #011C.
- Joined Roof Consultants Institute (RCI) in 1998 and became a Registered Roof Consultant, Registration #220.
- Charter Member of Chicago Area Chapter of Roof Consultants Institute (CAC-RCI).
- The American Institute of Architects and Foundation (AIA/AAF) in 2000.
- American Standard Testing material (ASTM) - on D8 committee for Roofing and Waterproofing in 1979.
- The Construction and Specifications Institute (CSI) Washington, D.C. - local chapter in 1979.
- Awarded a Fellowship in recognition of outstanding and exemplary service to the Roofing Industry (I.R.W.C.)
- Awarded a Fellowship of the Institute Award in 2002 from the Roofing Consultants Institute (RCI)
- Past editor of Roofing Consultants Technical Newsletter
- Instructor of roofing technology for architects and engineers at Wright College in Chicago
- Written numerous articles for technical magazines
- Arbitrator in Circuit Court cases
- Expert witness
- Received Certification in Specification and Maintenance in Membrane Roofing Systems - from the Roofing Industry Educational Institute in Design at Denver, Colorado
- Registration: Registered Roof Consultant in 1998
- Consultant Advisory Council (Firestone Corp.)
- Sustainable Roofing Alliance (Carlisle Roofing Manufacturing)
- Received Certification in the Selection, Design and Application of Built-Up Roofing and Single Ply Roofing - from the Department of Engineering and Professional Development, at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin in 1975
- Successfully completed courses presented by the Roofing Industry Education Institute including:
- Roof Top Quality Assurance
- Roof Inspection
- Diagnosis and Repair
- Energy Efficient Roof Design
- Successfully completed the following training presented by the Sustainable Roofing Alliance:
- 2012 SRA Spring Conference training session
- Attended the following roofing manufacturers' courses:
- Carlisle Tire and Rubber Company
- Owens Corning Fiberglass Corporation
- GenFlex Roofing Systems
- John Manville's Better Understanding of Roofing Systems Institute
- Inspections and surveys of existing roofs
- Analysis and development of written specifications for roof repair and replacement
- Inspection of roofing applications to ensure conformance with specifications and good
We Solve Roof Problems!